Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Coevals, tiddles and the deluge that comes with pedantic characters

Paleopedology: Study of soils of past geological eras. 

Coevals: Contemporaries.

Fascinum: An image says more than a thousand words

Fourbe: Hey! French too! Trickster, cheater.

Tiddles: I still don't know whether it refers to the cat, or tiddler: child.

Atoll: Ring shaped coral reef. Atolón (ni recordaba esa)

Hopscotch: Rayuela! Silly me, not knowing this one.

Merkin: ... Oh. I'm getting quite the education, lol.


Huh?, Ahh, I'm reading Lolita, why do you ask?


Drumlins: Elongated hills believed to be caused by glacial movement. Interesting and weird. Here.

Favonian: Propitious, favorable. As it comes from a wind god, I think its mostly about weather? This books is giving my search engine a workout.

Phosine: Related to, or like, a seal. I can't believe this guy's first language wasn't English. How did he even come to this words???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually do not write a comment, however I looked through some remarks on this page "Coevals, tiddles and the deluge that comes with pedantic characters".

I actually do have some uestions foor you if it's okay. Could it be
only me or do a few of the remarks appear like they are left by brain dead
individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on other sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you makee a list of every one of your social
networking pages like your Facebook page, twiter feed, or linkedin profile?


My website: how to learn Spanish quickly for free online